Macksville City Library Notice:
The health and safety of our patrons and staff are a top priority. In cooperation with the Library Board and Stafford County Health Department, the Macksville City Library has made the following determinations about current library services. This policy may change as needed in light of COVID-19 developments.
These initiatives are effective until further notice:
- We will be open normal hours:
- 1:00-6:00pm – Mondays & Wednesdays
- 9:00am-12 noon on Saturdays
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19 or have traveled to a high risk area, please, stay home.
- A limit of 10 people will be allowed in the library at one time.
- We encourage staff and patrons to also practice social distancing (a recommended distance of about 6 feet) while visiting the library.
- Masks or facial coverings are strongly encouraged.
- Curbside delivery of books is available- contact the library for details.
- Our WiFi is still available, accessible outside the library.
- Computer use will be limited to one 30 min. session per day, unless for work or online study. Two patron computers will be available for use.
- Books, videos, magazines, and audiobooks are available for checkout. All returned items will be held for 72 hours before re-circulation.
- High touch areas such as door handles, tables, and computer stations will be cleaned throughout the day by staff.
- Hand sanitizer pumps will be available and use encouraged upon entering the library.
- Games, puzzles, beanbags, & toys will not be available for use.
THANK YOU to Troy and Mike for making this addition for our desk! 🙂
Our Summer Reading Program officially starts on June 1st, however you can sign up and start counting your books on May 16th. We will be doing things a little different for Summer Reading this year.
Check back soon for more details!
If you are sick or staying home, you can still use the library!
Our website, Macksvillelibrary.com has free eBooks, audiobooks, online learning, Macksville history, local links, research and more.