Summer Reading 2020!
Stories! Crafts! Snacks! Prizes!
Join us for FUN- INSPIRATION- PRIZES & To BEAT the”Summer Slide!”
Our program will have four Age Groups:
3rd grade & under and 4th-6th grades: June 1-July 6th
Young Adult (7th-12th Grades) and Adults: June 1st-August 3rd
We will have a Grab & Go packets available each week for grades 6th and under. In order to keep numbers down, you will be encouraged to sign up for a time to pick up your packets and check out books weekly.
All participants can begin reading NOW!
And, something NEW– Summer Reading record-keeping is going online with Reader Zone.
This means you can record books online or on an app that will let you see your progress in real time. (You can also still get paper reading logs and turn them in to your librarian if you prefer! J)
To join our library reading program:
- Sign up at the library, or feel free to call or email to sign up remotely.
- Must have an updated library card to participate and reside within a 35 mile radius of Macksville.
- Books can be read from our library, online, or from anywhere!
- Visit macksvillelibrary.com to stay up to date on programs & policies.
- Read to meet your goal, & don’t stop there…
Let’s see how many books we can all read in total!
To join Reader Zone:
- Search for “Reader Zone” at your app store (or go to Readerzone.com)
- Install the app on your Android, Apple or Amazon device.
- Make an account* and enter our Reading Program Code: 5dff2
- Begin logging the books you complete. And, if desired, keep track of books you are currently reading with your Book Bank.
*Note– Be sure to choose the “Parent” option if you want to use one email address to sign up you and your whole family.
A brief overview of our current library policies: In light of COVID-19, note that all returned library books will held for 72 hours before re-shelving. We are limiting library occupancy to 10 people to maintain social distancing. Masks/facial coverings are welcome, & sanitizer will be dispensed upon entering the library. Please stay home if you have symptoms of illness or have traveled to a high risk area. Call ahead if you want certain books saved back for you or available for curbside delivery.