Monday was the next to last 2019 Story Hour for kids 6th grade & under, & the Countdown is ON to our Final Session & POOL PARTY, July 8th!
27 kids attended this holiday week, and books read included: PIG the STAR, by Aaron Blabey, and The Rough Patch, by Brian Lies.
Everyone decorated a patriotic flyer & designed sparkly star bracelets.
Outside– boys and girls went on a space journey (of sorts!). In relay fashion, teams trained to be astronauts by doing 10 jumping jacks.
Then they flew their ‘spaceships’ to the ‘moon’ and stacked 3 ‘moon rocks’ before flying back to their teammates.
Only one participant made it to the ‘moon’ in one toss (Way to Fly, Isabela!). Afterwards, each group took aim to see who could fly their crafts the farthest.
Cookies & notes about next week were passed out (along with word hunts & poem sheets for those wanting to earn a Smartie!), & books were checked out.
REMINDERS for Next Week:
- Story Hour will be from 3:00-4:00pm on July 8th.
- The Pool Party will follow, from 4:30-5:30pm. (weather permitting)
- Turn in Reading Logs on or before July 8th. You must meet your reading goal to attend the Pool Party.
- Parents/guardians are welcome and encouraged to swim, especially with younger participants.
- The Young Adult/ Adult Summer Reading Program ends August 5th– Still plenty of time to read your 5 (or more) books!
- Don’t forget to return the books you’ve checked out!!!
- KEEP READING! 🙂